Personalization and Recommendation systems for Ecommerce System
With the advent of many ecommerce stores, increasing your ecommerce store sales is a necessity and Personalization and Recommendation systems plays an important role. Your ecommerce store (Magento/PrestaShop/Zencart etc.) can be personalized for user experience and personalization and which helps to increase revenue of your stores.
Many tools are available where your web pages can be customized based on the behaviour and patterns of customer interaction. Extensive use of Data science and Machine learning tools are now driving the growth for e-commerce. Below few pointers how can you also benefit from it.
How can ecommerce systems help increase Revenue?
- They multiply ecommerce store sales.
- Identify your loyal customers and focus on repeat purchases.
- Change your marketing plans based on the user choices.
- Always know valuable customer Segments for example.
- City and Location
- Current and Past Browsing Patterns
- Current and Past Searches
- Cart Contents Age, social media, region, Device etc.
- Minimize shopping cart abandonment. Engage your customers throughout the lifecycle of a Purchase.
- Trigger email to let the customer buy the product again after few days of abandonment.
- Fetch dynamic content based on user preference and A/B test features to determine the what is working out best?
- Make your Discounts and Coupons work it out for you more better.
Where is it used?
- Ecommerce stores
- Video Sharing Platforms (Netflix)
- Amazon Shopping.
- Facebook feeds,Yahoo ,Google News
More detailed Personalization Examples and Best practises.
Using Product Recommendations we can show the customer only the relevant Products, typically using.
- Best Sellers
- You might also like
- Trending in category
- Recently Viewed
- Are your visitors ‘New Customers’ or ‘Existing Customers’’?
- What devices they are accessing website from?
- Demographics characteristics (Age , gender,Income, Education )
- Geographics characteristics (Country , Region , City)
- Biggest Spenders
- High Risk Customers
3. Navigation based on Visitor
- Homepages need not be static and should change based on visitors interest and needs, for example banners or other content based on the history of the user.
- Display Home page or category page Products based on Gender selected previously.
4. Personalized Emails
- Follow Up emails and personalized wishlists.
- Newsletter with products based on the browsing patterns or purchased Products.
- Cart abandonment email with enticing offers.
5. Discount Coupons
- Dynamic coupons with category specific offers
- Quantity based and time based discount coupons
6. Ease of Access
7. Cart and Checkout pages
- Showcase Upsells , Best Sellers, Related products in cart and Checkout.
- Highlight Reviews and Ratings
- One Click Rating from customer
- Use popups for quick feedback
9. Accounts Page
- Display Recent Orders and let customers reorder based on the products they already ordered for example Monthly Grocery, Monthly Snack item etc.
- Display Top categories based on browsing history.
Service Providers which you can consider for implementing personalization integration with your ecommerce store
If the above List looks daunting or if you want to integrate personalization system with your ecommerce system contact us for consulting and Integration Services.